Dr Peter Fahmy is a Cardiologist who had completed advanced training in Interventional Cardiology. The focus of Interventional Cardiology is the management of cardiovascular and heart disease.
Clinical issues managed by interventional cardiologists:
- Ischemic heart disease
- Valve disease
- Congenital heart abnormalities
Interventional cardiologists such as Dr Peter Fahmy, practice interventional cardiology (TAVI) in a hospital setting such as Norwest Private Hospital, where the TAVI procedure can be performed. A TAVI Practitioner is a doctor who is a cardiothoracic surgeon or an interventional cardiologist accredited by Cardiac Accreditation Services Limited.
Dr Fahmy will take urgent appointment requests from medical doctors. Please call (02) 9633 2244 and request an immediate consultation. If Dr Fahmy is not available, please leave your name, number and practice details and he will call you back at his earliest convenience. If you are calling outside of business hours, please complete the form below and include your mobile number.
You will find Dr Peter Fahmy’s rooms in the medical suites on level 2, at Norwest Private Hospital or his rooms at Katoomba. The initial consultation will take approximately 30-45 minutes.
- We ask patients for full payment on the day of consultation and that you bring a current referral with you.
- Dr Peter Fahmy is a no gap provider, and a Medicare rebate is available to patients who see Dr Peter Fahmy as an outpatient if they have a current referral letter from their doctor.
- Dr Fahmy does not charge above the scheduled fee for inpatient services for privately insured patients and DVA Gold Card holders.
- Dr Fahmy can provide TeleHealth Video Consultations; please call us to arrange a video consultation.
- Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
- Make an inquiry anytime via our contact form.
Dr Fahmy has admission rights with Norwest Private Hospital, Blacktown Public and Westmead Public Hospitals. Referring doctors are welcome to phone Dr Fahmy on (02) 9633 2244 to request an immediate appointment or for further advice and information on your patient.
- Download a TAVI Referral Form
- Download a General Cardiology Referral Form
- Bella Vista: Norwest Private Hospital
- Blacktown: Blacktown Public Hospital
- Westmead: Westmead Public Hospital
Invited Speaker Engagements
- – 2018 – Dr Peter Fahmy presented a talk on TAVI or not TAVI: An update on Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation in the Older Patient.
Meet & Greet Visits with doctors
- If you’re a doctor who practices in Sydney’s North Western Suburbs and you would like to meet Dr Peter Fahmy at your practice, please contact us here.